- The SKB Insulated Fire Shutter is the first insulated fire shutter in the region that has achieved 240 minutes of fire resistance and 240 minutes of insulation. The Insulated Fire Shutter is a single-layer shutter curtain made of steel face sheets on both sides of the cutain and incorporated and sealed with fire rated heat insulation boards in between.
- The steel-made, single layer shutter curtain is easy to maintain, greaseless and insulated on both sides. Strengthened guide rails and insulated shutter curtains are carefully designed to achieve excellent performance results compared to other alternatives available in the market.
- This is highly recommended for basement car parks, commercial buildngs and shopping malls where the public safety is concerned in the event of fire safety and security.
- The SKB Insulated Fire Shutter meets the requirements of MS 1073 Part 3; BS 476 Part 22 and SS489 for Singapore.
- Advantages of SKB Insulated Fire Shutters:
- Durable and sustainable for extended period of useful life
- Heat insulation and fire resistance on both sides of shutters
- Low maintenance and enable panel replacement if damaged on any part
- Flat surface on both sides ideal for marketing illustration and warning signs of obstruction on shutter
- Highly resistant to vandalism and weather
- Aesthetically presentable and customisable
- Solid and rigid with minimal deflection for steel-based shutters
- Why Steel-based Insulated Fire Shutters? One Step Forward with SKB
- Choose from a range of finishing from Plain Electro-Galvanised, Powder Coated to RAL Colour or Wood Effect with Anti-UV properties and Marble or Wood Effect Laminated Surface.
- Optional features include: Gravity drop-close safety feature in which it is operated by an electric 24VDC realeaser. In the event of fire, the solenoid in the motor mechanism shall receive the fire signal and releases the brake in the motor to descend to ground.
Thermal fusible link acts when room temperature rises above 70’C, the fuse metal shall disconnect and shutters will descend via gravity force.
Delay timer can be incorporated between the range from 60 seconds to 20 minutes. This feature delays the descending of fire shutter based on a pre-set time range to allow for evacuation.
Audible alarm and flash warning lights that are connected to the fire signal in which it will activate when shutter is descending.
Safety bottom sensor can also be fitted to prevent unnecesary harm to passerby and reduce damages and repair cost in the event of force closure when there is an obstruction beneath. Users may choose between single beam electronic sensor and light curtain multi beam sensor.
- Guide Rails fabricated using electro-galvanised steel with inwards fully folded design to receive fire seals from top to bottom.
- Drive motor uses a gear reduction motor with built-in thermal heat protector to prevent over-heating of motor drive
- Motorised control via a 3-button switch for up, down and stop operation. Standard operating speed of 3m to 5m per minute. Also available in high speed drive by special request.
- Shutters encloser box is made with frst grade 7.0mm steel plate with steel hollow section frmaking and with corner folder steel covers.
- Operation Control for Motorised Type: Power source 230 volts 1 phase or 415 phase volts 3 phase 50Hz; Power Source 110 volts 1 phase or 220 volts 3 phase 60Hz.
- Optional features: Automatic Reset for Fire Shutters (ER-A)
Disadvantages of Fabric-Steel IFS
- One-sided insulation on fabric end only
- High cost of replacement and longer downtime
- High maintenance with double-roll (each for fabric and steel) mechanism
- Performance easily compromised especially on fabric component for insulation
- Highly prone to wear and tear with fabric component (see reference images of Fabric-Steel IFS
- Ill-fitted and sagging condition over time due to nature of fabric elasticity and condensation accumulated in fabric
- Prone to mould and bacteria growth due to extended timme storage above ceiling along with gas, water and air-conditioning services